Multimedia Content Producer - KASW
KNXV-TV ABC15 & KASW-TV CW61, the ABC & CW affiliate duopoly in Phoenix, Arizona has an immediate opening for a creative, motivated writer/editor/producer to join our award-winning creative services team. We are looking for a top-notch producer who can create both news and syndicated marketing, multi-platform promotion that appeals to both traditional and new media audiences. Medium to large TV market experience is preferred and strong writing and conceptual skills are a big plus.
• Responsible for writing and producing on-air promotions, proof of performance and Sales sponsorship spots for ABC15/CW61, abc15.com and the ABC15/KASW social media channels.
• Conceptualize, write, shoot and edit promos including daily topicals, image, syndicated programming promos, web and special projects to help expand viewership and ratings.
• Works closely with news/sales team, producers and leadership staff on social media development and promotional script ideas.
• Shoot video elements for news, programming and social media spots using the latest HD equipment and techniques.
• Design and create motion and still graphics for on-air, web and print.
• Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven and creative environment.
• Be a team player who takes initiative to further the station's brand.
• Assist in promotional events which could include nights and/or weekends.
• Perform other duties as needed or assigned by station leadership.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum one year of writing and producing experience in Creative Services or related industry.
• Hands-on experience and knowledge of post-production television editing, with emphasis in Final Cut Pro X, the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and After Effects.
• Experience shooting traditional HD and DSLR cameras.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work well with others.
• Must demonstrate openness and capacity to seek new opportunities and adopt new ways of doing things.
• Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as needed. Schedule is subject to change.
• Ability to work well under tight deadlines, prioritize and multi-task.
• Strong ability to write conversationally.
• Excellent communication skills including a sensitivity and awareness of national and international issues.
• Must have direct knowledge and hands-on experience with social media platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to strive for results while maintaining good relations with internal and external customers.
• Must have outstanding skills in time management and setting priorities.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in communications or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
Valid driver's license, good driving record, and proof of insurance required.
Please include a link of your work.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation's fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.