Standard Media Group and ABC6 Providence are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Reporter/Video Content Producer to join our team in an exciting new role. The Social Reporter/Content Creator will find, investigate, produce, edit, and distribute fresh, short-form, social-first video content across multiple social media platforms in order to reach and engage new audiences. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to break new ground and become an influential member our local community.
• Produce compelling video content on a variety of relevant topics
• Distribute video content and engage with audiences on multiple platforms, including Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, etc.
• Solicit and identify user generated content from social media platforms
• Spot emerging trends on multiple social platforms and prioritize projects
• Quickly optimize and iterate off of trending content
• Develop a large, highly-engaged following of local users with shared interests
• A thorough understanding of social video platforms especially, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, and YouTube
• Demonstrated proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite of products, particularly Adobe Premiere Pro
• Previous experience working with internet video platforms and a solid understanding of formats and codecs
• A keen interest in social media, audience data, and the metro Providence community
• Superior communication skills and the ability to work both independently and under close direction
• Previous experience working in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
• Some experience in front the camera and a basic knowledge of lighting and sound
• A strong desire to succeed and become a leader in a field that is continuously changing and evolving
You will receive…
• Competitive salary
• Generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401K, etc.
• Vacation, paid holidays, and paid time-off
• Exceptional growth opportunities
Standard Media Group LLC (SMG) is a broadcast and digital media company committed to delivering local news and information on multiple platforms to communities across the United States. SMG’s future is bright and filled with exciting new opportunities as we fulfil our commitment to inform, inspire, and innovate in local markets. In September 2019, SMG completed the acquisition of two ABC-affiliated television stations, WLNE in Providence, Rhode Island and KLKN in Lincoln, Nebraska. In November 2019, SMG announced the acquisition of ten more network-affiliated television stations in seven U.S. markets with plans to take operational control in 2020. SMG’s corporate operations are based in Nashville, Tennessee with a national sales office in New York. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.