It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
WGN-TV is looking for a full-time writer for our Evening and Late newscasts.
• Write stories and edit video for broadcast
• Work with reporters and photographers to file content into show rundowns
• Order and file graphics
• Assist producers in other areas as needed
• Fills in as producer when necessary
• Three (3) years of experience as a writer or producer of television news broadcasts
• College degree in Journalism or Mass Communications, or related experience
• Must have strong writing skills and news judgment
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled