WGCL, dba CBS46, a Meredith station, is seeking a Station/Broadcast IT Manager. The Station/Broadcast IT Manager directs and at times performs all skill level activities of Broadcast and Business IT Technology and has primary responsibility for information systems functions in a broadcast television and associated business technology environment. Information systems include but are not limited to Windows and other operating systems, network and broadcast video servers, end-user desktop and laptops, telecommunication systems, building security systems, News editing and automation, printers, custom applications and related-user accounts.
The position also assists with departmental budgeting, capital budgeting, strategic planning and development as well as project planning and management of all Engineering departmental staff.
II. Essential Job Functions
30% Supervises and trains broadcast\IT engineering staff, ensures staff is working on assigned projects, assists as necessary
30% Perform duties of broadcast network engineer as required.
10% Assists with department budgeting, capital budgeting, strategic planning and project development.
10% Manages spending and purchasing on related projects.
10% Evaluates technology trends, researches new integration projects, plans knowledge acquisition for self and staff.
10% Maintains and remediates mandated IT security practices.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Management, Broadcast Engineering or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
• Six years related project management and technical work experience.
• Experience in supervisor or leadership role preferred.
• Experience troubleshooting methodologies that apply to Active Directory domain Server/PC environment and standalone Workgroup workstations.
• Windows desktop\server operating system experience including Windows legacy and newer in a corporate network environment. Linux support helpful.
• AVID Interplay and iNews administration experience strongly preferred
• Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking related to PC function and communication with e-mail and software applications in Ethernet-based networks.
• Basic knowledge of electronics troubleshooting and repair.
• Good decision-making skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills are essential to understand users’ requirements and provide training on new systems.
• Ability to communicate with non-technical personnel to resolve equipment issues.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to prioritize and make frequent changes to work plans without loss of efficiency or composure.
• MCSE and CCNA certifications preferred.
• % Travel Required (Approximate): < 10%. Primarily local travel.