WTHI-TV is seeking an experienced Director/TMP Operator to join our award-winning team. We’re a dominant #1 station with great resources and a long tradition of success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Direct/technical direct locally produced programs. (News, Program, Promotion)
• TMP. Technical Media Producer. Master control responsibilities.
o Supervise and produce commercial, promotion and other on air products.
o Supervise production and master control staffs during shifts.
o Maintain quality air signal for newscasts, commercial production, promotion, public service, station breaks and program transitions. Ingest and QC content.
o Train and supervise part and full time staff involved with on air operations.
• Electronic field production.
• Understand operations of all production equipment and minor equipment repair.
• Coordinate maintenance during production hours for equipment repair.
• Work with other departments, clients and agencies.
• Newsroom responsibilities. Assist as producer, editing and other needs.
• Work with all station social media and digital projects.
• Other job related duties as required
• Job Requirements:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure of strict deadlines
• Background and experience in all aspects of broadcasting is a necessity.
• Ability to operate essential equipment
• Special Skills (Preferred):
• This job requires technical director and director skills