Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
For more than 60 years, ABC12 has been part of the Mid-Michigan community. Being called a leader in the industry is a responsibility and commitment we take seriously.
Providing breaking news of the day and keeping our viewers informed before, during and after severe weather is our commitment day in and day out. Reaching beyond the traditional news of the day, ABC12 is humbled to be the media partner for several events throughout the year benefiting the community we call home.
WJRT - Join the ABC 12 family - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGx0eKYL9aQ&feature=youtu.be
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
•Assist in engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio equipment support, transmitter maintenance, editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/recorded events & programs
• Have expert knowledge regarding equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in and assist in emergency situations
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
• Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts - corrects and documents technical problems and reports them to the managers
• Maintains station live vehicles, including satellite trucks
• Maintains building needs
• Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems
• Familiar with networking routing and IP addressing
• Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates.
• Display and maintain professional appearance, based on station standards and professional demeanor
• Must have a background / previous working experience in engineering
• 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience. Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations
• A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related is preferred, but is not required
• Commanding knowledge of broadcast video equipment and techniques
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
• Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits
• Must have & maintain a clean driving record
◘ Interested applicants can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by searching the station call letters (WJRT-TV) and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.