Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Join the ABC family
Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGx0eKYL9aQ&feature=youtu.be
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create newscasts
• Build news content in unique and compelling ways using the many tools and technology available
• Working knowledge of current events and community issues
• Work closely with news managers and assignment editors in determining content needed
• Enhance content with graphics, video research, and station branding
• Oversee all aspects of content and presentation of newscast.
• Ability to write, re-write, edit and post to website as well as other platforms.
• Producer will be expected to update digital and social platforms as needed.
• Work closely with the news team for accurate and interesting news information on all platforms
• The News Producer will oversee content quality and accuracy for his/her newscasts
• Grow the stations' social and digital footprint, especially within key demographics
• Passion for production and storytelling, combined with an unwavering commitment to journalistic ethics and standards
• Willingness to grow by taking direction and excel as a team member.
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with anchors, field crews and technical staff
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Generate story ideas and collaborate with news staff on promotable story ideas
• Assist producers in formatting other newscasts
• Ability to edit video
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Two years prior news production experience and strong editorial skills
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, or a related field
• Must possess exceptional organizational and writing skills
• Knowledge of web based publishing
• Mindful of deadlines
• Ability to lead and make split second decisions based upon knowledge of directives
• Must be self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and excel under intense deadlines pressure in a rapidly changing environment
• High level of communication skills both written and verbal along with excellent judgement
• Experience with ENPS a plus
• Must know how to edit
• Must be willing to reside in the DMA
◘ Come join our dynamic team, apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by searching the station call letters (WJRT-TV) and attach your resume
***THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION***
This shift is currently for Weekend Producer. This is a 24/7 operation and may require working overnights and/or weekends, as well as holidays. The hours, shifts, responsibilities are flexible and are subject to change at the News Director’s discretion. Involvement in station initiatives and station events are necessary. Gray Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Passing a drug screening and motor vehicle records check are conditions of employment. Must have a reliable source of transportation and be flexible on hours.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.