WTHI-TV is seeking an experienced Photographer/Editor to join our award-winning team. We're a smaller market station, but we take news seriously. We're a dominant #1 station with great resources and a long tradition of success.
JOB SUMMARY: The Photographer/ Editor integrates visual content and audio material to create compelling stories as well as completing daily editing projects for multiple platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
* Prepare, rewrite, and edit stories.
* Collaborate with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts.
* Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and daily newscasts as needed.
* Collaborate with reporters to obtain concise and accurate news stories.
* Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience in Web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multimedia production software.
* Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods; finds alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
* Detail oriented.
Education/Experience: A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communication, or English.
Training/Equipment: Operate design and multimedia production software, as well as control board.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of computer and editing software. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be able to work varied shifts.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
Pre-Employment and Random Drug Testing.
About Allen Media Broadcasting:
Allan Media Broadcasting offers strong benefits including health, vision, dental and life insurance for full time employees and a 401(k) contribution plan for eligible employees.