For more than 60 years, ABC12 has been part of the Mid-Michigan community. Being called a leader in the industry is a responsibility and commitment we take seriously.
Providing breaking news of the day and keeping our viewers informed before, during and after severe weather is our commitment day in and day out. Reaching beyond the traditional news of the day, ABC12 is humbled to be the media partner for several events throughout the year benefiting the community we call home. If you are looking for a place to grow your career, find an opportunity to make a change or challenge your skills, the award winning team of ABC12 could be the perfect home for you too.
WJRT-TV/ABC12, the ABC station in Flint, Michigan a Technical Media Producer.
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring station’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, operate equipment in master control automation, various productions, and various elements for the web channel. Candidate must have suitable transportation to work, including during inclement weather conditions. The successful candidate will possess strong communication and people skills and an operating knowledge of computers.
• Operating automation system Video switcher
• MCR operation and automation
• VizRT graphics and Adobe Photoshop.
• Operate equipment supporting production/master control
• Effectively perform operations with robotic camera, prompter, audio, and working knowledge of in-house web production.
• Edius editing
• Familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro and newsroom computer systems.
• Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
• Dedication to the care of the equipment
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
• Willingness to grow by taking direction and excel as a team member.
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with all members of the team
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Ability to edit video
• Assist in maintaining a clean studio and production area
• Variable work schedule due to station needs
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Two years prior production experience strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, or a related field preferred
• Mindful of deadlines
• Ability to lead and make split second decisions based upon knowledge of directives
• Must be self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and excel under intense deadlines pressure in a rapidly changing environment
• High level of communication skills both written and verbal along with excellent judgement
This is a 24/7 operation and may require working overnights and/or weekends, as well as holidays. The hours, shifts, responsibilities are flexible and are subject to change at the needs of the department. Involvement in station initiatives and station events are necessary.
This position offers competitive salaries with a competitive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision plans as well as a 401k plan.
Pre-employment and random drug testing, successful completion of pre-employment background check, and MVR check are conditions of employment. You must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
If offered a position, you must produce legally required documentation demonstrating your eligibility to work in the United States before you can begin employment.
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
Please apply by sending resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*******NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*****
WJRT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WJRT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WJRT expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WJRT’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.