Content Coordinator/Digital Content Producer, KNXV/KASW
Are you a great editor who is also passionate about all things digital? If so, KNXV/KASW, the Scripps ABC/CW affiliates in Phoenix, Arizona have an immediate opening for a Content Coordinator/Digital Content Producer. In this hybrid role you will get to manage edits and tracks coming into and out of the station for multiple platforms. You will also get to organize and write scripts and update content on digital platforms.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Monitor, communicate and traffic all incoming content.
• Collaborate with newsroom staff to achieve editorial objectives.
• Write and edit content to include headlines, short news alerts/teases, and enhancing content with outside links, maps, and slideshows.
• Identify issues with incoming content, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions.
• Maintenance storage and capacity of SAN.
• Edit content for use on multiple platforms.
• Assist in online coverage of major news events, breaking news, and severe weather to ensure high quality and consistent community coverage online.
• Working knowledge of the multitude of paths by which content is imported and exported.
• Communicate consistently with newsroom staff regarding content, including but not limited to coordinating with field crews.
• Distribution of content to other Scripps units.
• Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred or commensurate experience.
• 2-5 years of experience in related field.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Effective delegation and problem resolution skills.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Proficiency in computer-based editing, Final Cut Pro.
• Working knowledge of how to use and update social media platforms.
• Basic HTML formatting skills and knowledge of how to FTP/publish web content.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, but also a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.