Specialist, Digital OTT Content Management, KNXV/KASW
Do you geek out on all things digital? If so, come join us at KNXV/KASW, the Scripps ABC/CW affiliate in Phoenix, AZ, as our Specialist, Digital OTT Content Management. In this role you will manage OTT video streams and a 24/7 news wheel to maximize viewing time with unique and timely content. You will also get to create engaging digital video content for multiple platforms including YouTube, OTT, website, our app, and occasionally social media. Your mission will be to ensure our consumers enjoy high-quality digital content across our digital products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Provide editorial OTT updates for programs across ABC15/CW61s digital products.
• Create engaging digital video for platform-specific best practices such as thumbnails, SEO title and descriptions, and length.
• Schedule OTT content updates across multiple platforms, including web and OTT using a CMS.
• Liaise with relevant internal departments with the direction from the digital content team; coordinate assets and workflows to receive and publish timely content updates.
• Adjust or edit existing content tailored to mobile and OTT digital viewers.
• Assist in sourcing video and images with video editing.
• Ensure OTT content and metadata is current, accurate, and complete.
• Review analytics on content performance and make decisions based on data.
• Support teams within digital to drive impact and increase audience and engagement for ABC15/CW61 OTT digital products.
• Perform other duties as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant experience.
• 3-5 years digital content coordination or digital management experience.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
• Experience in editing video and news content for consumer facing websites, emails, and other digital platforms.
• Experience with analytic tools preferred.
• Experience with CMS tools preferred.
• Strong understanding of SEO.
• Passion for the highest quality news content.
• Problem solving abilities and creative thinking.
• Proficient with Final Cut X or commensurate editing software.
• Strong sense of time management to meet deadlines and execute time sensitive decisions.
• Excellent communication skills.
• We are growing our footprint, reaching nearly 31 percent of U.S. households as one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners.
• From community outreach to professional development, Scripps is a place where creativity has taken over and you will have the chance to write your own story.
• We enable and encourage each individual to do their best work and reach their full potential through opportunity, development, and openness to new ideas.
• We are all about professional integrity. It is the cornerstone of a journalist’s credibility.
• Tell a friend and both of you can work here. Our employee referral program is pretty fantastic. Share this because we are ALWAYS looking for the BEST talent out there.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS' COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, but also a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.