MARKETING, VIDEOGRAPHER/EDITOR, KNXV/KASW
Are you looking for a creative career that gives you a unique opportunity to produce cinematic content? You’re in luck! ABC15/CW61 Arizona, the ABC and CW affiliates in Phoenix, are hiring an exceptional Marketing Videographer/Editor. In this role, you will plan and capture visually engaging video and edit promotional and sales-sponsored content for multiple platforms. If you are a strong visual storyteller, creative thinker, and video editor with a great eye for graphic design and layout, then you are the ideal candidate!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Shoot video content for multimedia platforms, including on-air, social, and digital channels.
• Visualize promotional concepts and storyboards with compelling images.
• Edit video for a wide range of station projects, including promotional spots, special report promos, news opens, tease bumpers, programming, and sales presentations for on-air and digital channels.
• Lead promotional shoots by working closely with talent and producers to capture high quality visual content consistent with the station’s brand.
• Work in a team structure and display exceptional storytelling skills to create the best product.
• Develop marketing ideas for station initiatives and client spots.
• Manage and maintain video files and file structure in a server environment.
• Conceptualize, shoot, and edit promos including daily topicals, image, programming, web, and special projects to help expand viewership and ratings.
• Drive a company vehicle on various assignments.
• Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, TV and Film, or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in related field preferred.
WHAT YOU BRING:
• Knowledge of motion graphics and use of templates.
• Working knowledge of the latest broadcast quality camera equipment including lenses, lighting, and audio/sound effects.
• Demonstrate proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, Photoshop, and Audition.
• Full understanding of Apple computers and knowledge of Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro X.
• Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and libel laws.
• Detail-oriented, driven to succeed, competitive, and able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Ability to create quality work on tight timeframes and deadlines.
• Attention to detail and able to constructively take notes and feedback on daily assignments.
• Self-motivated, passionate person with a desire to learn and grow.
• Able to easily adapt to change.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS' COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.