Nashville Public Television (NPT), Nashville’s PBS station is seeking to hire an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will serve as a liaison to coordinate and manage meetings for the Board of Directors and its related Committees. Reporting to the President & CEO, this position will be responsible for coordinating key office functions to ensure efficient operations.
• Provide administrative support to the President & CEO and serve as liaison to the Board of Directors and related Committees.
• Administer correspondence, manage incoming calls, travel and national board commitments.
• Prioritize phone messages, emails and mail to include supporting calendar.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality of information relative to personnel, legal, fiscal, and other key administrative concerns.
• Act as the official liaison with Board of Directors during scheduled and ad hoc meetings to include taking minutes.
• Communicates and corresponds with internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide administrative assistance to Tennessee Public Television Council (TPTC) as needed.
• Provide administrative support to ensure compliance with Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and other government and industry regulations pertinent to NPT, including those mandated by the Corporation of Public Broadcasting (CPB).
• Coordinate NPT’s governmental and legislative activities with American Public Television Stations (APTS) and TPTC as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge/Skills & Abilities:
Requires an excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing. Ability to plan, organize and integrate priorities and deadlines independently. Must be able to understand the importance of working with Board Members and Board Committees. Must have proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet. Ability to provide high level, priority management and calendar management support to executive management. Exceptional interpersonal skills, proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team in a deadline driven environment. Excellent ability to build relationships with all staff, volunteers, and vendors/suppliers. Ability to discreetly handle sensitive and high-level confidential information.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Executive Assistant Certification preferred; Three to five years’ experience as an Executive Assistant and/or administrative level.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand for extended periods as needed.
In addition to comprehensive and ongoing training, NPT offers benefits, including health insurance, and dental and vision insurance.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Attn: HR, Nashville Public Television (NPT), 161 Rains Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203 or email to email@example.com. Position will be open until filled.
NPT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our website for more information at https://www.wnpt.org