DIGITAL MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN - WSMV
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WSMV 4 is Nashville's NBC affiliate and Middle Tennessee's first television station. Owned by Gray Television, WSMV 4 broadcasts 53 hours of live, local news each week, more than any other station in Nashville and has been recognized with numerous awards including an Edward R. Murrow Award for continuing coverage of the 2021 Waverly Floods. WSMV is also the home of Nashville's Certified Most Accurate First Alert Forecast for 3 years running (certified by WeatherRate). Visit www.WSMV.com for more.
This intern position for WSMV 4 Marketing will be responsible to learn how to create digital ads and social media posts and help with production design plus any other tasks required by producers. As a paid intern, you won’t sit and watch someone else doing their job.
• Must have experience with digital and social media. Experience with Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud a plus. Develop. and Captain daily/weekly/monthly strategy with the Director of Marketing and the Director of New Media.
• Social Media Account Management (Brand + Talent Pages on all platforms.)
• Platform-specific reporting for news, and marketing.
• Posting Highly Engaging Content to all platforms (Apps, OTT, Website, Social, YouTube)
• Digital Platform Management.
• Modifying Website, OTT apps, YouTube, News, and Weather apps based on research priorities.
• Writing / Editing relevant news and marketing articles for digital and social platforms.
• Digital / Outside Media Management.
• Assist in placing Station Media campaign buys on all platforms (Premion, Roku, Amazon Fire, News and WX Apps, OTT)
Please note - the primary/essential job duties include, but are not limited to the responsibilities above
Interested in the program? Go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, type "Intern WSMV" (in the search bar)
WSMV-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Nashville - 37209
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER