WGN-TV is searching for a Producer of Digital Content with the right mix of news judgment, creativity, and command of all things digital and social.
• Prepares, writes, copy-edits and posts news, sports, community, programming and promotional content from television and other sources for the web site, mobile platforms, and social media sites
• Curates original story ideas and content
• Writes headlines that grow audience and engagement
• Maintains the home page and builds special sections for breaking news and other ongoing coverage efforts
• Produces videos to accompany online articles
• Monitors real-time metrics to guide content decisions and reach goals for pageviews and video views
• Administers and moderates social media pages including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Works closely with news, programming, promotions, and sales departments
• Ensures factual, grammatical and legal accuracy online and upholds the station’s established journalistic standards to avoid editorial bias
Requirements and Skills:
• Two (2) years of experience as a digital news producer or related experience
• Must be familiar with Wordpress and AP writing style
• Must have strong news judgment and work with the assignment desk to plan daily stories and content
• Excellent writing and editing skills, attention to detail
• Familiarity with news writing and journalistic standards
• Ability to function under extreme deadline pressure
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that produces and distributes engaging local and national news, sports and entertainment content across television, streaming and digital platforms, including nearly 300,000 hours of original video content each year. Nexstar owns America’s largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 U.S. markets reaching 212 million people. Nexstar’s national television properties include The CW, America’s fifth major broadcast network, NewsNation, America’s fastest-growing national news and entertainment cable network reaching 70 million television homes, popular entertainment multicast networks Antenna TV and Rewind TV, and a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network. The Company’s portfolio of digital assets, including The Hill and BestReviews, are collectively a Top 10 U.S. digital news and information property. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform and video-on-demand advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering. For more information, please visit Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.