The Sales/Research Assistant provides administrative support to the staff of the Sales Department. Duties include general research, clerical, and project-based work, with special focus in the areas of sales and research. The Sales Assistant projects a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinating, preparing, and finalizing materials necessary for sales presentations to clients and media departments of advertising agencies.
• Assists Research Director with creation of Research materials and presentations.
• Research new market opportunities using internal systems.
• Accurately entering and maintaining Sales TV orders, make-goods and revisions, pull spot detail reports for clients, and including file maintenance for Account Executives. Work with Traffic department to facilitate execution.
• Create one-sheets, re-capping Research success.
• Create and modify documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as other internal software systems used in the Sales Dept.
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: handling phone calls, filing, photocopying, presentations, faxing, mailing, and other administrative duties for Sales Managers and Account Executives.
• Support staff in assigned project based work.
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, World Wide Web, and other related internet applications.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Must have strong written communication skills.
• Must have strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
• Requires good verbal communication with strong problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to learn, operate and use internal systems and other programs (WideOrbit, DARE, AE INBOX, E-PORT, KANTAR, WRAP, NIELSEN and Scarborough) for research purposes.
• Prior experience as a Sales Assistant in a media-related field is a plus. Prior experience in research also a plus.
• Degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.