All candidates must apply online at https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oTQx9fw9&s=EMMYOnline
The Weather Center at WRAL-TV and FOX 50, stations with Capitol Broadcasting Company (CBC) in Raleigh, NC, has an immediate opening for a dynamic, experienced and energetic meteorologist. Join the weather team of WRAL News, one of the most respected news organizations in the country, and work collaboratively with experienced, “four-season” meteorologists who not only handle and track hurricanes, tornadoes, snow and ice, but also use innovative augmented reality storytelling tools.
WRAL, FOX 50, and CBC are dedicated to bringing viewers weather coverage they can count on. We need an experienced meteorologist to produce and anchor live weathercasts and join our award-winning weather team during severe weather coverage. This person will be responsible for producing and anchoring live and recorded weathercasts as well as top-notch severe weather coverage for WRAL-TV, FOX 50 and other CBC platforms and partners. Individual will create crisp and informative graphics for on air use, as well as fresh content for WRAL.com and other digital platforms. Effectively using a variety of social media platforms to communicate and share weather information is essential. The successful candidate will also provide smart speaker and radio updates, conduct Facebook lives, and update the news team during editorial meetings. This individual will represent WRAL in many community events and partnerships by making public appearances and giving school and civic group talks, serving as a face of the station and the WRAL brand.
· A four-year college degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, or related field
· At least three years television experience
· AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist designation (or combination of AMS/NWA seal and education for AMS CBM designation)
· Exceptional forecasting, communication and presentation skills as demonstrated through reel or video link(s)
· High level of computer literacy required; knowledge of weather and newsroom computer systems a must
· Demonstrated web and social media proficiency
· Experience with dual-pol Doppler radar, WSI graphics and Baron Lync highly preferred
· Experience using internal and external weather and science tools and sources to create and deliver frequent weathercasts
· Outstanding writing skills for digital/online, social media and broadcast platforms
· Knowledge/experience with broadcast quality camera equipment helpful
· Must be comfortable in a deadline driven, fast-paced news environment.
· Pre-employment drug screening required
People come to WRAL-TV and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally-owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. WRAL-TV is based out of Raleigh, NC, ranked as one of the best places to live and work according to U.S. News & World Report.
EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality and Bull Durham Beer Co., and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC; and Professional Builders Supply (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.