Enterprise Executive Producer
All candidates must apply online at https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o2S39fwQ&s=EMMYOnline
Capitol Broadcasting Company is seeking a seasoned, detail-oriented journalist and manager to lead a growing team of WRAL-TV and WRAL.com enterprise reporters who cover a wide variety of beats, including investigative, state government, consumer, and education. The Enterprise Executive Producer will be involved in the evolution of stories, from assignment through publication and broadcast, using appropriate tools of digital and television storytelling to maximize impact. This EP will interact with other managers, looking for opportunities to collaborate on coverage, and with our Creative Services staff to ensure effective promotion.
Primary duties include:
· Generating ideas, assignments and follow-up stories for specialty reporters
· Administering a tracking system for enterprise reporting
· Working with all reporters on staff to ask probing questions
· Producing original stories through your own research and reporting
· Managing a story calendar, balancing short-and long-term coverage
· Editing complex stories for clarity, logical organization, completeness, and creative storytelling
· Thinking beyond “what happened” coverage, with a focus on how and why stories matter, as well as solutions journalism
· Producing outstanding anchor tosses and reporter intros
· Writing compelling headlines and subheads that pull readers into and through stories
· Coordinating with design and technical teams on story presentation options, including social posts, video, graphics and interactive tables.
· Ensuring that stories are promoted across multiple platforms in compelling ways
A mastery of broadcasting storytelling and writing in AP style for web, a multi-platform vision, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in newsroom management are required. The ideal candidate will have a track record of working with new technologies, especially in the gathering, synthesis and design of enterprise and data journalism.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC, and Professional Builders Supply, (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.