Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Position/Title: Meteorologist - 007393
Primary Industry: Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Manage Others: No
Details: WKYC is looking for a Meteorologist to join our team. The successful candidate must have a passion for winning severe weather and telling a compelling weather story even on bright sunny days. We are looking for a team player who can help with every aspect of meteorology, from forecasting, to preparing graphics, to reporting in the field, being an integral part of severe weather coverage, and reaching our consumers not only on TV, but online and on social media. The ideal candidate embraces new technology and is willing to explore new ways to present the weather story. Another “must have" is to understand the importance of community involvement by speaking at schools and other community functions.
• Provide accurate weather forecasts using the most accurate weather technology in a multi-platform environment
• Write, edit, and report on weather content from the field or inside the newsroom
• Produces clean and informative graphics to tell the weather story
• Updates website and social media platforms as necessary
Makes public appearances
• Effectively and positively reflect the station in the community at all times
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 6/19/2019
Closing Date: 10/16/2019
Experience: 1 Year(s)
• Bachelor degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science required.
• Minimum of one - three years of on air experience as a Broadcast Meteorologist
• Applicants should have, or be qualified to apply for, the AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist or the AMS Seal of Demonstrated ability to post forecasts, graphics, etc. to various digital media platforms
• Be available to work a flexible schedule and fill-in when necessary
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
• Current valid driver’s license and excellent driving history required