For more than 60 years, ABC12 has been part of the Mid-Michigan community. Being called a leader in the industry is a responsibility and commitment we take seriously.
Providing breaking news of the day and keeping our viewers informed before, during and after severe weather is our commitment day in and day out. Reaching beyond the traditional news of the day, ABC12 is humbled to be the media partner for several events throughout the year benefiting the community we call home.
If you are looking for a place to grow your career, find an opportunity to make a change or challenge your skills, the award winning team of ABC12 could be the perfect home for you too.
WJRT-TV/ABC12, Allen Media Broadcasting, ABC-affiliate in Flint, Michigan is seeking an Assistant IT Manager. Candidates must possess strong technical and networking skills with the ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve complex problems and machine stoppages. Candidates must support all information technology (IT) systems and provide technical assistance directly to computer users. Cisco experience and certification strongly desired. Expertise in Windows OS’ up to 10 Pro and Server 2019, Active Directory and Database Systems is a must. Broadcast Engineering knowledge, Linux/Unix, Firewall, SAN/NAS and VMWare VSphere experience considered a plus
This position includes on-call rotation which may require weekend/holiday emergency work as needed.
- Install, configure & repair computer hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Perform regular maintenance to ensure networks operate correctly.
- Troubleshoot local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and Internet systems.
- Routine maintenance of hardware/software
- Performing software upgrades and file backups on the network daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Solve IT problems promptly.
- Assist computer users through phone, email, or in-person.
- Train users to work with new computer hardware or software.
- Assist with Broadcast equipment installation and setup.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering a related technology field or
equivalent experience is preferred.
- Industry specific certification expected.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in computer user support.
- Time management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution are required.
- Flexibility to work any shift including nights/weekends
- Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure and respond to late changes (be fluid).
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere and behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors.
You must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Please apply online and include resume & cover letter: email@example.com.
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Pre-employment and random drug testing, successful completion of pre-employment background check, and MVR check are conditions of employment. You must possess a valid driver’s license had have a good driving record. Must have a reliable source of transportation and be flexible on hours.
If offered a position, you must produce legally required documentation demonstrating your eligibility to work in the United States before you can begin employment.
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
The job description is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and key responsibilities and essential duties of work performance by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Allen Media Broadcasting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allen Media Broadcasting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Allen Media Broadcasting expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Allen Media Broadcasting employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, WJRT will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.