WTHI-TV’s Sales Department has an immediate opening for a Digital Sales Manager. The Digital Sales Manager will lead the station’s efforts in the development of new and incremental digital business utilizing the best-in-class digital product suite from Allen Media Digital; reduce digital churn; oversee the station’s digital sales assistant while coaching, training, mentoring, and leading a top-notch group of local Account Executives.
The DSM will work alongside our Account Executives daily to develop deep and mutually beneficial relationships with current and future clients. The DSM will work in concert with Allen Media support team, and the WTHI DOS and LSM to provide a unified approach to client solutions, that include digital assets. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a consistent and successful track record of leadership in delivering strong sales results. This is a fast-growing market providing you with the perfect opportunity to grow your career!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Retain and grow current business and develop new business clients.
• Generate television advertising revenue through sales to designated geographic location.
• Generate digital advertising revenue through sales of website, mobile, and social media campaigns to local advertisers.
• Understanding media options including traditional and digital advertising, and guiding clients to help them achieve their marketing objectives.
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas and contesting to sales management teams.
• Present marketing research and marketing solutions to local businesses.
• Prepare and submit sales and financial reports as directed.
• Assist in coaching and training the sales team by keeping them up to date on product knowledge.
• Help brainstorm and advice on new on non-traditional revenue ideas and projects to present to the sales staff.
• Implement sales strategies and sales projects that drive revenue growth, profitability, and market development.
• Maintain Advertiser/Inventory Booking pipeline.
• Campaign management; maintaining width and depth in market.
• Strong writing, negotiation, and presentation skills.
• Strong understanding of digital media (website, mobile, and social)
• Computer proficiency is essential.
• Must be well organized, display a professional demeanor, exude high energy, and show attention to detail.
• Competitive, energetic and self-starter; Ability to overcome objections.
• Creativity, flexibility, and ability to adjust quickly to changes in industry also essential.
Training/Equipment: Strong MS Office skills including Word, Advanced Excel, and PowerPoint required. Nielsen and Wide Orbit a plus.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel and long work hours may be required. A valid driver’s license, state mandated automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record are also required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
• Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law)
• Pre-Employment and Random Drug Testing
About Allen Media Broadcasting:
Allen Media Broadcasting offers strong benefits including health, vision, dental and life insurance for full time employees and a 401(k)-contribution plan for eligible employees.