Do you have a passion for local video production, documentaries, community connections and partnerships? If so, we’d love to talk to you. PBS Michiana-WNIT in South Bend, IN is actively seeking a Video Editor/Videographer.
• Maintain high level of knowledge and understanding of production equipment and procedures.
• Edit production projects and long form documentaries interfacing with clients as necessary.
• Shoot production projects and long form documentaries as needed
• Assist in production operations including floor direction, camera operation, lighting, audio, set construction, and graphics.
• Assist Producers and Directors as required.
• Assist with production planning in the areas of research, script organization, music, props, talent, facilities and information used in the production.
• Assist in utility capacity on shoots.
• Serve as back-up for master control.
• Assist with other responsibilities when assigned.
Education: A Bachelors degree, or (student) studying toward a Bachelors degree in media, telecommunications, communications, film, journalism, or related field.
Skills and Experience:
• Creativity and Innovation – The most important factor for this position is thinking outside the box and enthusiastically owning the role
• Understand the full spectrum of the production process including camera operation, lighting and audio capture
• Excellent videography and editing skills
• Experience shooting with various cameras, audio recording and mixing
• Experience with studio production equipment, including cameras, switchers and audio
• Fluent knowledge of Adobe Suite including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
• High level of customer service
• Ability to multi-task in a high energy, fast paced environment
• Knowledge of various social media platforms
• Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
• Ability to serve as Editor on local productions and/or documentaries.
• Experience with editing software and video cameras required.
• Experience with 2D & 3D animation a plus.
• Attention to detail in various aspects of production.
• Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with community representatives and clients.
Current benefits include:
• Partially paid health, vision & life insurance and voluntary dental and life insurance; Retirement plan and matching; Paid vacation, sick and personal time; Paid holidays; Free membership to the Potawatomi Zoo; Free membership to the YMCA/O’Brien Center; EAP
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt.