Department: Education Department
Reports to: Director of Educational Services
Job Type: Part-Time (20 hours per week)
WEDU is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and fully supports workplace diversity – all applicants are welcome. Drug Test and Background check required.
Safety & Security: Employees are required to maintain compliance with WEDU’s safety, security, drug free and confidentiality programs to secure a safe working environment and protect the company’s intellectual property.
The Education Assistant will be a key member of the Education team. This staffer will play a vital role in supporting WEDU PBS educational outreach and special event activities through coordination of records, correspondence and assigned administrative duties. The Education Assistant will provide administrative support and other duties as assigned to effectively and efficiently assist in reaching targeted goals for the department and organization as a whole. This position also provides support to the Communications Department through clerical duties and event assistance as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate and prepare materials for mailings, special appeals and events throughout the year via mail merge, e-mail, print or other methods
2. Post station events to local online media calendars
3. Manage guest related events calls, emails, questions and requests for station events including but not limited to: teacher workshops, community education events, and more
4. Assist in coordinating event volunteers for station education outreach events
5. Assist with monthly education e-newsletter production
6. Provide office management support for the Education department, including filing, ordering supplies, renewing subscriptions, maintaining central files, preparing purchase orders, mail distribution and other administrative duties associated with efficient workflow
7. Provide ongoing administrative support to the Director of Educational Services including but not limited to coordinating meetings, travel, schedules, accounting, correspondence/mailings, timesheets, etc.
8. Provide ongoing administrative support to the Education Department by conducting Internet research and inquiries related to educational outreach activities. This may include providing assistance in coordinating event speakers, assisting guests and related event needs
9. Provide direction to Education volunteers as needed
10. Communicate and coordinate with departments throughout the organization on pending projects as needed
11. Provide support to assigned station education events, including but not limited to reservations, on site check- in, set-up, clean-up, data entry and staffing at events; work with special events for a timely follow-up of attendees and immediate cultivation of potential members or donors
12. Assist with grant applications and events collateral needs by maintaining timelines, research and providing copies and assembly and delivery of grant materials.
13. Maintain an inventory of available education event and promotional items. Serve as scheduler for marketing materials and props such as photo backdrops, banners, etc.
14. Seek at all times to promote the case for support of WEDU PBS throughout the region
15. Maintain excellent internal and external communications, both verbally, and in writing.
16. Perform any other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, provide coverage for front desk receptionist or other organization support personnel during breaks or outages, assist with meeting and/or event set-up and clean-up
1. Experience in an office setting in an administrative assistant rol
2. Proficient with Microsoft Office program including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
3. Basic knowledge of desktop publishing, a plus.
4. Strict external and internal customer service standards
5. Strong organizational skills
6. Flexibility and initiative
7. Occasional nights and weekends
8. Requires lifting up to 50 lbs. and bending