Engineer for WKMG-TV
Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, Florida
posted on March 20, 2017
WKMG-TV, the Graham Media Group-owned CBS network affiliate in Orlando is looking for a full time Maintenance Engineer.
The Broadcast Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of broadcast and non-broadcast equipment for WKMG-TV. This position will also provide IT support. Equipment to be maintained will include HD-SDI routing and distribution systems, automated and non-automated production equipment, audio consoles, microphone and audio distribution equipment, ENG field acquisition, broadcast and office computers and software.
• Work performed in a fast paced news and production operation.
• Must possess and maintain a driver's license with a driving record acceptable to the Company.
• Must be able to work weekends, nights, holidays and on short notice as needed.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of broadcast maintenance or broadcast IT experience.
• Working knowledge of satellite RF systems, digital and analog television equipment, non-linear editing systems and ENG technical operations.
• Strong background in high power RF transmitters is a plus.
• Ability to utilize and operate electronic test equipment for the purpose of diagnosing and measuring video, RF and electronic signals.
• A minimum of 2 years technical school, military training or college is preferred.
• Strong IT skills and HD-SDI format experience are desired.
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. This is a full time position that will require work during early morning hours, evening hours, weekends and holidays as part of a regular schedule.
• Reports to the Chief Engineer
WKMG-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WKMG-TV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
want to apply for this job?
expires on 05/18/2017