Date Posted: 3/7/2017
The Traffic Specialist is responsible for writing commercials, tracking commercial scripts, handling co-op processing, ensuring all copy/creative is received and accurately entered into Wide Orbit in a timely fashion, working with production and coordinating copy with the Sales Staff and customers.
• Gather all local and national continuity from various sources via email, fax or AE's
• Process all continuity into Wide Orbit system
• Sort through large volumes of emails daily
• Upload/download commercials using various links and ftp sites via Extreme Reach, Hightail, Javelin, EZSpot, Comcast, Catapult, Centaur, Filezilla, SpotGenie, SpotShop, and Video Express.
• Print KSDK and Bounce logs and log summary reports for master control
• Transfer over .pdf and .scd log files for producers and master control to download.
• Send out reminder emails to all Account Executives when order is about to begin
• Work closely with Account Executives and assistants on order conflicts
• Produce dub list and purge list reports for Engineering
• Communicate with Ad Agencies for detail and accuracy
• Provide production request forms, spots and house numbers to production department
• File away traffic instructions for future reference if need be
• Upload spots to other local stations
• Back up Programming Administrator with format sheets
• Make manual log changes and report it to Jacksonville Hub
• Customer Service/handle viewers and clients calls and complaints
• Maintain storage unit of uploads, tapes and DVD's
• Applicants should have prior experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to troubleshoot and remedy situations quickly and calmly.
Qualfied candidates must be very organized and able to multi-task. This role is fast paced and critical to ensuring the Sales Department revenue stream is maintained. Attention to detail, positive attitude and team orientation are critical. KSDK is willing to train the right employee in this role. Prior experience not necessary, but a plus. This is a great opportunity for an entry level candidate who is interested in growing a career within the Media Industry.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and G/O Digital, a customized local digital marketing company. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.