Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Manager
Job Type: Full-time
DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGER
WFLA News Channel 8 is looking for a passionate, tech-savvy digital leader to join Tampa’s #1 ‘On Your Side’ digital team in sunny Tampa, Florida.
This is a position for someone with ambitious and proven needle-moving digital strategies that are squarely focused on building local news brand loyalty across every device.
You are comfortable working in demanding, high-pressure news situations and thrive at leading a team to winning every big breaking story and the importance of owning weather coverage. You challenge the norms of visual storytelling. You are curious, innovative and inspired by local mobile content consumption. You know every detail matters.
You measure everything. You interpret the data to understand what it means. You build strategies and create mind-blowing experiences that convert casual consumers of our digital content into loyal brand ambassadors across all current and evolving digital platforms. You teach it to everyone on your team. You understand their success is yours.
You obsess over the details, the storytelling and the user experience while in a constant journey to new content and revenue opportunities that super-serve our community.
You collaborate with reporters and anchors on ways to maximize social engagement.
As the digital leader, you believe in a nimble and flexible way of working. You deliver outstanding results. This is a job for someone who’s not afraid.
You uphold the highest journalistic standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Acts as the key editorial leader for news content on digital platforms.
• Sets the gold standard for strong news writing and editing skills along with attention to detail. Maintains accuracy and integrity in news products delivered.
• Manages digital, mobile, and social properties while collaborating with the digital sales manager on creation and implementation of projects that result in exceeding revenue targets in Digital Media and new product revenue.
• Has deep understanding of social aggregate/monitoring tools (Chartbeat, Google Analytics, Shareable) and ability to turn analytical opportunities into success stories
• Possesses ability to multi-task, deal with extreme deadline pressure, and react/coordinate coverage under live breaking news situations
• Works with producers to ensure digital content is integrated into newscasts.
• Knowledge of content management systems, HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Photoshop, and ENPS preferred.
• Oversees the digital contributions from other staff members, and provides guidance to help improve their work.
• Proficiency in basic Internet technologies such as RSS, FTP, PHP, WYSIWYG Editors
• Proficiency in web content management systems, Wordpress preferred
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Knowledge of Photoshop and other graphic design software a plus
• Knowledge of web usability, navigation, accessibility concepts and user interface design
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism
Experience: 5 years of digital management, producing digital news content