IT SUPPORT TECH (Regular Full Time/Orlando):
Job Purpose: This position assists FTS personnel with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and repair of computer systems and peripherals within established FTS standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with other members of the FTS IT team to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The employee in this position also assists in the maintenance, deployment, and problem solving associated with servers and networking devices. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
• Provide PC technical support to FTS employees. This includes the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop laptop computers, mobile devices and peripheral technology. Ensure systems interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems and Active Directory resources
• Ensure system configurations and operations are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Maintain hardware/software inventories for all IT managed technologies.
• Works with coworkers and vendors to troubleshoot technical problems on PCs, servers and software
• Deploy new or upgraded technologies as defined in approved projects.
• Assist in information gathering associated with asset management and IT initiatives on an as-needed basis.
1) Job Experience:
i) 4+ years supporting Windows PCs, Servers.
ii) 3+ years supporting a user base >75 people.
iii) 2+ years basic IP networking
2) Job Skills:
i) Able to resolve issues and isolate faults methodically.
ii) Able to follow defined procedure and processes.
iii) Able to deal with frequent change, and unexpected events.
iv) Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
v) Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and logical reasoning.
vi) Able to learn quickly.
3) Formal Education/Degree:
i) BS / BA in Computer Science (or equivalent in experience)
4) Relevant Technologies:
i) OS: MS Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008 & later, Active Directory
ii) Hardware Platforms: HP Desktop and Notebook computers.
iii) Applications/Software: MS Office, Crowdstrike Falcon, BackupExec, Ghost (or equivalent),
and Bitlocker disk encryption