Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 1/19/2017
DIGITAL EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
WTSP, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Tampa, Florida, is looking for a Digital Executive Producer to oversee day-to-day operations of the station’s growing digital presence. If you have an eye for good local and viral content, are on top of social trends and have the drive to make all of WTSP’s social properties tops in the market, this job could be for you.
The Digital Executive Producer will work with digital and broadcast newsroom employees to establish a logical flow of content across all dayparts on all platforms, with an eye towards growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage digital producers to generate maximum traffic for website and app
• Help develop social strategy to encourage engagement
• Help educate everyone in station on digital trends
• Work with reporters on good, engaging social content
• Create and post content
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, Electronic Media or related field
• Minimum 5 years big market newsroom experience, with at least two years of management experience.
• Experience with spot news, including proven ability to react quickly to breaking events
• Strong communication skills
• Proven ability to work under pressure
• Strong social media background
• Strong writer/copy editor
• Ability and willingness to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Cofactor. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.