Degree - 4 Year Degree
Managing Editor-TV will embrace First Coast News' standard of news reporting, storytelling and investigative excellence while boldly advancing the brand across multiple platforms.
First Coast News is looking for experienced news leaders to oversee content gathering and distribution in our newsroom. The ME-TV will work collaboratively with news leaders to guide teams in creating unique, shareable content that evokes emotion across all platforms (broadcast, mobile, social). Our ideal candidate has proven experience successfully identifying engaging content, teaching others how to do so, and developing a roadmap on how to meet the goals of our company.
• Lead teams in the creation of unique newscasts and digital segments evoking emotion
• Write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcast and social media platforms
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
• Write and teach staff to write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
• Teach staff to develop content through social listening and independent sources
• Teach staff how to research for facts and credibility
• Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
• Use consumer analytics in determining content
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
• Coach journalists how to write for website including attaching images and streaming video
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
• Enterprise news stories
• Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast
• Coach and inspire on air talent to be exciting and engaging
• Perform other tasks as required by News Director
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
• 2-5 years of experience preferred, including supervision and leadership of other journalists
• Experience with photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
• Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and G/O Digital, a customized local digital marketing company. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.