WJRT-TV, ABC12, seeking a highly motivated News Reporter in Flint/Saginaw/Bay City Market.
Learn the ropes from an experienced, award-winning news team, and your material will air in the market’s top-rated newscasts.
The successful candidate should be an excellent storyteller who possesses strong writing skills, solid news judgment, and is able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. We are seeking someone who will build sources in the community, and has an eye and ear for compelling video and sound.
A Reporter that can delve into investigative stories and ask critical key questions that our viewers want to know. Familiarity with operating TVU and Dejero live equipment a plus.
• Ability to shoot and edit video with knowledge of electronic news gathering & non-linear editing
• Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or a similar degree
• Highly developed public speaking and interpersonal skills
• Essential 3 years professional experience
• Extensive experience in commercial TV news
• Professional, consistent on-air appearance
• Advanced ability in critical thinking
• Understands social media and the importance of engaging viewers
• Quick and effective decision-making skills
• Comfortable with live ad-libbing
• Ability to perform under various degrees of pressure and ability to switch gear quickly
Hours, shifts, responsibilities are flexible and are subject to change at the News Directors discretion.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing. Must have a reliable source of transportation and be flexible on hours.
This is a full time position offering competitive salaries with a competitive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision plans as well as a 401k plan.
To apply, please send a resume, demo reel and cover letter to:
or mail: Jayne Hodak
2302 Lapeer Road
Flint, MI 48503
*******NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*****
Gray Television Group, Inc., WJRT are an equal opportunity Employer.
WJRT/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. WJRT/Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and key responsibilities and essential duties of work performance by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to do this job. The job description is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing.