# of Openings: 1
Employment Status: Regular Full-Time
Work Days: M-F
Work Hours: 40
More information about this job:
Do you want to move to one the most exciting cities in the country, experience Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest and world-class cuisine, all while helping lead a new investigative unit? Then this is the job for you. Raycom Media is looking for an experienced, aggressive, and innovative Executive Producer to join our newly formed National Investigative Unit based out of WVUE-TV in New Orleans.
We are looking for a multi-tasker who can simultaneously work on and manage short and long term projects. We want an idea generator.
Join a six-person investigative team that emphasizes quality over quantity. You will have the time and the tools to do stories the right way. This unit will air high impact investigations on 42 Raycom Stations in 20 states.
You’ll work with a team whose local investigations have been honored with Peabody, duPont, National Murrow, and IRE Awards. We want you and your experience to help grow this to a national level.
The Executive Producer will work closely with Lee Zurik, the Director of Investigations, to oversee daily operations on multi-platforms including planning, story selection, execution and oversight of special project coverage, using strong journalistic judgment, creative problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Feel free to email Lee Zurik with any questions about the job (email@example.com). Applicants must apply online.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication or related field
• At least 8-10 years of journalism experience
• 5 years of supervision/leadership experience preferred but not a prerequisite.
• Strong social media skills.
• Ability to lead and inspire a news team
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Willingness to work non-traditional business days/hours, travel and work long hours, and on weekends with short notice
• Strong CAR (Computer Assisted Reporting) skills. Strong computer research skills, and working knowledge of analyzing data