WKYT is looking for someone who wants to be a pioneer in the next generation of news gathering. In this part-time position, you will assist in writing and editing content for wkyt.com.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identify newsworthy stories people are likely to be talking about and sharing online and communicate that to the team
• Be a newsroom champion of social media innovation in both tactics and tools
• Work closely with producers, reporters and digital executive producer to promote best practices and grow social influence
• Post web stories, pictures and other content for WKYT, WKYT.com and its related platforms
• Assist in gathering information, making beat checks, and generating compelling news content for wkyt.com.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Be familiar with web content management systems
• Active on multiple social media platforms
• Should have a demonstrated ability to build a connection with social media users, and employ professional news judgement and best practices
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.