WSAZ is looking for a full-time Technical Media Producer who can direct our newscasts giving us a strong product and manage our on-air elements in our Media Control Center. We want someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive work environment. This person must be excellent in problem solving, possess strong leadership and organizational skills and be able to perform well under pressure. The ideal candidate must be a team player that can learn at a fast pace and communicate well with co-workers. The candidate will also be required to edit daily topical promos for programming.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Direct newscasts following WSAZ guidelines
• Work with news producers to determine best use of graphics and coordination of live shots that will complement the stories included in each newscast
• Maintain a positive work environment through active team participation
Develop good judgment and decision making skills by consistent training and skill development
• Maintain ability to listen to requests and ideas, determine needs and develop realistic plans
• Must meet deadlines
• Required to participate in future planning
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for WSAZ/MyZ/CW
• Other duties as assigned
• Skill with Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control video switcher, Harris automation and support equipment in Production/Master Control is preferred or similar automation
• Broadcast MCR experience preferred
• Must be able to work flexible days and hours, holidays
Ability to handle moderate to high stress and deadline pressure
Two years’ experience preferred
• Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
**Must include a link to professional reel with the online application**
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.