TheNewsCenter is currently looking for an AM Producer. Successful candidates will produce our 90 minute newscast, Daybreak. Daybreak’s format includes up to the minute weather updates/forecasts, local, regional & national news. Daybreak also includes local sports updates & LIVE on set interviews discussing local community events. We are looking for a candidate who innovates new projects and ideas for the newscast. This position has some on-air opportunities BUT the person taking this job really needs to be focused on producing this highly-rated and 20-year-old newscast. This person will also cover overnight breaking news stories in the Mid-Ohio Valley. The schedule for this position is midnight to 9am - Monday mornings through Friday mornings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Produce a 90 minute newscast
• Work under pressure and deadlines
• Communicate with anchors and control room staff
• Strong initiative and persistent attention to detail is required
• Be able to write clearly and accurately; proper grammar
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Must be professional and courteous with the public, answer phones and greeting station guests, as needed
• Strong knowledge of current events, including local, regional and national news
• Must work individually as well as part of a team; requires work with many personalities
• Must be able to use discretion, best judgment in searching for news stories and have solid journalistic/ethical skills
• Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle background check and drug test
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.