Duties of this job include producing/anchoring our 4 weekend sportscasts and reporting 3 days a week. Candidates will also co-anchor our Football Frenzy sportscast covering all high school football teams in the Mid-Ohio Valley region each Friday night in the fall. Candidate will also shoot, write and edit a weekly feature on high school athletes, Student Athlete of the Week, during the school year. Candidates should have a good knowledge of sports and the ability to produce a sportscast. Candidates must have good writing skills and must be able to work well under strict deadline pressure. Candidate’s work schedule must be flexible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work under pressure and deadlines
• Strong research and writing skills
• Professional appearance a must
• Strong initiative and persistent attention to detail is required
• Be able to write clearly and accurately; proper grammar
• Strong knowledge of current events, including local, regional and national sports news
• Must work individually as well as part of a team; requires work with many personalities
• Must be able to use discretion, best judgment in searching for stories and have solid journalistic/ethical skills
• Schedules subject to change based on staffing/news needs
• Other duties as assigned
• BS/BA in journalism or communications
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
• Schedule flexibility
• Videography and non-linear editing experience
• Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle background check and drug test
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.