Education High School
Career Level Entry Level
Location Nexstar - WGMB - Baton Rouge, LA 70810 US (Primary)
Category Production Operations
Job Type Full-time
WGMB, Baton Rouge LA has an opening for a full time Master Control Operator. Position possibly requires evening/weekend/overnight hours. The ideal candidate will have one year experience in the broadcast industry. Training maybe considered for a candidate with less experience who possesses strong computer and technology skills.
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
1. Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
2. Records/downloads and segments video content to the servers.
3. Maintains programming logs as required by station management.
4. Operates Master Control software and equipment as directed.
5. Ensures the station's compliance with Emergency Alert System and other FCC requirements.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
1. High School diploma. Associates Degree preferred.
2. Fluency in English.
3. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
4. Proficiency with computers, servers, transmitters and other broadcast-related equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Master Control Operator must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Master Control Operator must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds. In addition, the Master Control Operator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
No phone calls please.
WGMB, a Nexstar Broadcasting Company, is an equal opportunity employer and offers a great work environment.