Studio Technician II is responsible for ensuring smooth operation of technical equipment and services during programs as well as assisting in completion of pre-production for newscasts. Performs all duties associated with operating the teleprompter and cameras (including studio, handheld, jib, and robotic) for broadcast. Demonstrates proficiency in all newsroom systems and assists show Directors with pre-production elements and equipment and studio readiness.
• Ensures studio is prepared and set-ups are complete; assign and set-up mics for on-air talent and conduct mic checks; coordinate studio position/placement for live shows; operate teleprompter, cameras, and floor direct during live and taped shows.
• Operation of various technical equipment including, but not limited to: all studio equipment and sets; graphics systems: VizRt and Newsticker; perform audio mixing using digital audio board; coordinate satellite, microwave, and cellular feeds and work with remote crews to dial-in live shots.
• Show proficiency in Final Cut X and perform various editing assignments.
• Assist technical director with trouble-shooting technical problems and effectively resolves/removes roadblocks as they occur during production in the studio.
• Work alongside Anchors and direct them during live and non-live productions.
• Set up and shoot remote reporter standups in and out of the building.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• High School diploma or GED; Vocational or technical training preferred.
• 1-3 years' experience in a professional television environment.
• Working knowledge of television station production equipment.
Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrates knowledge of technical systems and floor operations.
• Readily learns and applies training, new techniques, and independent judgment.
• Must be able to work a studio lift and have studio lighting experience.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under extreme time constraints with poise and skill.
• Must have excellent communication skills; ability to give directions in a clear, efficient manner.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be a team player.
• Constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors.
• Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
The Perks at ABC15
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you'll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don't brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best "winter" you'll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station's commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including "THE LIST" and "The Now," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation's largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
TELEVISION STATION KNXV ABC15 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER