WJRT-TV/ABC12, the Gray Television owned, ABC-affiliate in Flint, Michigan is seeking an Assistant IT Manager. Candidates must possess strong technical and networking skills with the ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve complex problems and machine stoppages. Candidates must support all information technology (IT) systems and provide technical assistance directly to computer users. Cisco experience and certification strongly desired. Expertise in Windows OS’ up to 10 Pro and Server 2019, Active Directory and Database Systems is a must. Broadcast Engineering knowledge, Linux/Unix, Firewall, SAN/NAS and VMWare VSphere experience considered a plus
This position includes on-call rotation which may require weekend/holiday emergency work as needed.
- Install, configure & repair computer hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Perform regular maintenance to ensure networks operate correctly.
- Troubleshoot local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and Internet systems.
- Routine maintenance of hardware/software
- Performing software upgrades and file backups on the network daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Solve IT problems promptly.
- Assist computer users through phone, email, or in-person.
- Train users to work with new computer hardware or software.
- Assist with Broadcast equipment installation and setup.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering a related technology field or
equivalent experience is preferred.
- Industry specific certification expected.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in computer user support.
- Time management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution are required.
- Flexibility to work any shift including nights/weekends
- Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure and respond to late changes (be fluid).
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere and behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors.
This is a fulltime position with benefits.
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
*******NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*****
This is a fulltime position. The position includes a highly competitive compensation and benefit package which includes Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, and life insurance. The company also offers a 401k plan with company match to plan for the long term. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing. Must have a reliable source of transportation and be flexible on hours.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and key responsibilities and essential duties of work performance by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to do this job. The job description is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
Additional Info: Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.